Stay Ahead of the Curve: Read These 10 Books Before They Become Movies in 2018
As of late, there have been some pretty impressive movie adaptations taking over the big (and small) screen. Need we remind you that your favorite shows and movies like Big Little Lies, Hidden Figures, The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Call Me By Your Name (the list goes on) are all based on books? Before 2017 comes to a close, you'll want to add a few more books to your reading list so you'll be ahead of the game when their movie adaptations hit theaters in the new year. From dramas to romance, these are the books you'll want to read before they become movies in 2018, according to Elle.
1. The Leisure Seeker by Michael Zadoorian. Read it before January 19.
2. Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James. Read it before February 9.
3. Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. Read it before February 23.
4. Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews. Read it before March 2.
5. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. Read it before March 9.
6. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Read it before March 16.
7. The Guernsey and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Read it before April 19.
8. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. Read it before August 17.
9. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. Read it before May 11.
10. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. A release date hasn't been set yet, so keep it on the back burner for now.