Is Android Better Than iPhone?
It's the contentious debate that everyone's talking about, one that often leaves friends and colleagues divided. No, we're not talking about the presidential primaries. It's the great tech debate: Android versus iPhone. To settle the argument once and for all, CNN has compared the two based on 15 basic tasks. Read on to find out whether iPhone or Android scored the most points.
- Login. iPhone got top marks for its simple fingerprint-recognition technology. Some Android phones offer a similar login option but didn't fare as well for security.
- Use apps. Android won this round for being "far superior when it came to organizing apps, letting you put important stuff on the home screens and hide less useful apps in the app drawer," says the CNN tech team.
- Check email. Android wins again for using Gmail as its main mail app. Apple's mail app took longer to navigate.
- Talk to your phone. Apple's Siri understands colloquial language better than Android, winning the round.
- Take a photo or video. Android was voted the best option for taking photos or video, thanks to its user-friendly interface that offers more affordable storage options than Apple.
The winner: Android! It was a close competition, but Android won eight of the 15 categories.
Read the full Android versus iPhone comparison at CNN.
Give your phone a fresh look with a chic iPhone case.
Are you on team Android or iPhone? Tell us why in the comments below.