Found: The 5 Best-Selling Drugstore Skincare Products of All Time
While we appreciate a well-stocked medicine cabinet brimming with designer products (see above), there's nothing we love more than a solid drugstore beauty find. Self recently came up with a list of the best-selling pharmacy finds of all time, and it's serving up some major inspiration. The health magazine asked 23 cosmetic companies to reveal their all-time best-selling products, creating the corner store wish list of our dreams. Read up on the top five drugstore products below and get beauty editor Alexis Bennett's take on each product:
1. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($6). "I've tried all types of prestige mascaras, but this lash-fattening drugstore option is by far my fave. And I'm not surprised that it made the best-selling list. At any given moment, there are at least three tubes in my makeup bag."
2. Johnson's Baby Shampoo ($5). "This is an obvious choice for gently cleaning a baby's hair. But the classic shampoo is good for grownups, too. It’s a cheap and effective makeup brush cleanser that makeup artists swear by."
3. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($5). "From makeup artists to dermatologists, we're always hearing good things about these makeup-removing wipes. And we can see why. They easily remove stubborn makeup, but are still gentle enough to use around eyes."
4. L'Oréal Superior Preference Hair Color ($9). "There are more than 50 shades in this popular hair-color line. And shoppers can't get enough of the fade-resisting formula and its shiny results."
5. Secret Clinical Strength Soft Solid Light and Fresh ($12). "Here's an antiperspirant that has definitely earned its spot on the list. Not only does it help keep your armpits dry, but one swipe will make you feel like you've just stepped out of the shower."