And the Top Universities in the United States Are…
We're of the mind that prospective college students ought to choose whatever school best fits the aspirations and needs of the individual—academic, environmental, and social! But hey, it can't hurt to know where your dream school falls on the ranking of best universities in the country. Produced since 1983, U.S. News & World Report's annual list of the best academic institutions in America can be a powerful tool for understanding such factors as undergraduate performance, faculty resources, financial resources, and graduation rate. Keep reading for this year's top 10.
- Princeton University (Princeton, NJ)
- Harvard University (Cambridge, MA)
- Yale University (New Haven, CT)
- Columbia University (New York, NY)
- Stanford University (Stanford, CA)
- University of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA)
- Duke University (Durham, NC)
- University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, CA) and Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)
To see the rest of the schools on the list, visit U.S. News.
What factors do you think contribute to a quality college education? Share your thoughts in the comments below!