The Perfect Podcasts to Stream This Summer—Picked by the Pros
While everyone enjoys getting lost in a good beach read, we're taking a more modern approach to relaxation this summer by stocking up on the best podcasts for easy listening during downtime. Luckily for us, Vulture appears to be on the same page, as the website tapped a panel of podcast creators (like Anna Faris, Terry Gross, Paul Scheer, and Aisha Tyler) from various genres to share their favorite streaming selections—and what they're currently tuned into—just in time for summer vacation. Below find a few of the podcasts we're streaming from the curated queue.
- Sleep With Me: Take a serious snooze on the sand to the calming (and intentionally monotone) voice of librarian Drew Ackerman. It will help you drift off instantly.
- You Must Remember This: Let your imagination run wild as expert storyteller Karina Longworth walks you through captivating and provocative tales of Old Hollywood.
- WTF: Host Marc Maron keeps you fully entertained with explicit and unapologetic interviews with the industry's top actors, directors, musicians, and fellow comics.
- The Speakeasy: If you enjoy imbibing as much as we do, you'll appreciate a deep dive into the beverage world with topics ranging from production, cocktails, bartending, and anything else you can
thinkdrink of led by an expert in the beverage area, host Damon Boelte.
- This American Life: If you couldn't resist the ever-popular series Serial, this one's for you. Host Ira Glass has led the investigative journaling front for podcasts, and his listeners get to lend an ear to the best producers and storytellers in the game.
- Hollywood Handbook: Comedy writers and hosts Sean Clements and Hayes Davenport spill secrets and the juicy scoop from celebrity gossip to the major dos and don'ts of making it in the industry.
- The Longest Shortest Time: Even if you're not a parent, you'll appreciate the honest and open interviews on topics revolving around childbirth and parenthood.
Which podcast will you be streaming this summer? Make listening even easier by grabbing a pair of Master & Dynamic's wireless headphones.