These Are the Hottest New Venues in the World
Whether you’re planning your dream wedding for 200 of your nearest and dearest or an intimate dinner for six to celebrate a recent promotion, one of the first things to consider is the location. Why? Because the venue will determine much of the event. Can you bring in a chef? Is there an onsite florist? How late can the event run before closing? The answers to these questions and more are directly affected by the location of your party. The best place to shop for venues? The Venue Report, a chic party planning resource that showcases the world’s best restaurants, hotels, wineries, and event spaces while offering up inspirational tips for hosting the most fabulous parties.
In one of its more recent posts, the site released its list of 100 hot new hotel and venue openings. “It’s looking to be a very good year for all of you gathering gurus out there.” writes the report. “We’re witnessing the feathering of some very fine five-star farmhouses, perfectly pretty ‘posh‘tels, historically radiant restorations, beautiful, bespoke boutiques and inspiring venue openings for ‘I-dos.’” Although the list isn’t ranked in any order, it’s alphabetized by state and country. I’ve clicked through all 100 venues, and below are the 20 spaces I think are the most beautiful. For the complete list, head to The Venue Report now.
- Pumphouse Point, Lake Saint Clair Tasmania
- Halcyon House, Cabarita Beach, New South Wales
- Katamama, Bali
- Oue Skyspace, Los Angeles, California
- La Quinta Resort and Club, La Quinta, California
- The Pearl, San Francisco, California
- Ovolo, Hong Kong, China
- Playa Grande, Beach Club, Dominican Republic
- Ritz Paris, Paris, France
- Terminus 330, Atlanta, Georgia
- Freehand, Chicago, Illinois
- G-Rough, Rome, Italy
- The Apiary, Lexington, Kentucky
- Ace Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Warehouse XI, Somerville, Massachusetts
- &Beyond Benguerra Island, Benguerra Island, Mozambique
- The Beekman, New York, New York
- Leslie Alford Mims House, Holly Springs, North Carolina
- Cape Weligama, Sri Lanka
- Cotton House, Barcelona, Spain
If you’ve just gotten engaged and are in the early process of planning, use A Practical Wedding Planner to guide you.
What’s your ideal event setting? Tell us about it in the comments!