Savvy Stars Share Their Money-Saving Secrets
Though our annual salaries total nowhere near a single paycheck for today's top celebrities, we do have one thing in common when it comes to spending habits. No matter our status—star or not—we, as humans, love a good bargain. As proof, E! News recently revealed several money-saving tips from A-listers like SJP, GP, and J.Lo, and we're sharing a few of our favorite genius bargain go-tos from the stars below.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Blake Lively share a love for the all-purpose beauty product that is coconut oil. From a teeth-whitening agent to an overall moisturizer for hair and body, the all-in-one ingredient saves these stars from splurging on several different products in one fell swoop.
- Sarah Jessica Parker is not afraid to dress her children in hand-me-downs, which both saves the star from purchasing new clothing for her kids and helps her raise them with an appreciation for hard work and without a sense of entitlement.
- Kate Middleton turns to recycling her wardrobe for outings and events as a way to get the most bang for her buck on her often-expensive couture gowns and ensembles. And there's no harm in repeating a good look.
- Zoë Kravitz revealed her go-to bargaining tactic is bartering. We're betting she has no shortage of swoon-worthy goods to swap.
- Jennifer Lopez spares herself the price of high-end makeup remover in favor of good old, drugstore vaseline as her go-to cleanser.
- Tyra Banks prefers saving over spending as a loyal coupon clipper and an expert DIYer.
- Nate Berkus saves on expensive florals by opting for grocery store-bought flowers. He makes the most of his blooms by spreading them into smaller bunches, which provides more arrangements to spread throughout a space.
Maybe stars really are just like us after all. Which money-saving tip is your favorite? If you need help with your spending habits, download The Daily Budget app, which provides an easy way to keep track of your savings.