14 Foods You Should Eat When You’re Trying to Lose Weight
When you’re trying to loose weight, it can be hard to navigate the deep sea of diets. One says eat only carbs, and another says eat no carbs, so who is right? While I can’t answer that question, I can point you toward a list of not-so-obvious foods that are good for dieters. Esquire highlights the following 14 ingredients in a short and informative video. Consuming these items will help you loose weight faster.
- Black pepper helps stop the formation of mature fat cells.
- Popcorn contains fiber to help the digestive tract.
- Watermelon contains amino acids that can improve blood flow and reduce fatigue.
- Whole-grain pasta has a low glycemic index and won’t spike blood sugar levels.
- Coffee protects the brain, lowers the risk of oral cancer, and curbs appetite.
- Ginger is a natural cure for nausea and helps with frequent bloating.
- Wild rice contains more protein and fiber than brown rice.
- Buckwheat is a gluten-free seed full of protein and fiber, and it's a powerful antioxidant.
- Red pepper flakes rev up metabolism and promote weight loss.
- Chicken soup is high in volume and low in calories.
- Tumeric helps with fat metabolism and reduces inflammation.
- Cauliflower pizza crust has a ridiculously low carb intake.
- Dark chocolate boosts satiety and prevents inflammation.
- Winter squash supports sugar metabolism and is a great source of fiber.
Cook whole-wheat pasta and chicken soup in a large everyday stockpot.
What are your go-to diet foods?