6 Genius Tips for Stress-Free Travel
It's absolutely true that being a great traveler takes some practice. A few mishaps here and there are what really tend to drive home the lessons, but some things you can master before setting off. From how to avoid the most common airline fees to ensuring you know the ins and outs of your destination's culture, these six tactics should help guide you there and back as smoothly as can be. Read on.
- Fly smart. Booking air travel? You're going to want to make sure you do everything in your power to avoid unnecessary fees and expenses. Read this list for how to avoid booking, seat assignment, cancellation, baggage, pet fees, and more!
- Know who your friends are. While you're at it, better make sure you know which airlines are the best and worst of the bunch. You may be surprised to find out that some of the biggests names are actually the biggest offenders in the industry.
- Do the research. To ensure you don't invite any dirty looks or unnecessary snafus with the local residents, it's best to do some research into the tipping practices of different locations before you arrive. Follow this international tipping guide the next time you leave U.S. territory.
- Pack like a pro. From organizing by scale to following the rule of three, these 7 genius packing hacks will have you packing like a seasoned member of the Jet Set.
- Leave it behind. Packing is an art, but knowing what to leave at home is simple enough. Knowing what you can skip means more room for shoes, so we're all in favor. To make sure you're not crowding your suitcase, be sure to check this list of eight items you definitely don't need to bring along.
- Brush up on the basics. You don't need to be fluent in the language of every country you're traveling to. However, it's really just common sense to know some basics, such as friendly greetings, simple questions, clarifications, and so on. If you're headed to a Spanish-speaking country, this 10-step crash course of phrases is a must.
What are you best tips for stress-free travel?