A Supermodel’s Guide to Well-Being
She’s been on the cover of Sport’s Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue five times. She’s acted in movies, hosted Saturday Night Live and Britain & Ireland’s Next Top Model. She has a successful lingerie business. She’s made workout videos and a skincare line. With so many accomplishments under her belt, it’s easy to wonder what more could 50-year old supermodel Elle Macpherson, known as The Body, possibly do? Well, she’s added wellness guru to her résumé.
Last year, Macpherson created WelleCo and launched The Super Elixir, a green powder alkalizing supplement, and this week, she released the second product, a Nourishing Protein. To celebrate the arrival of WelleCo's protein, Macpherson shared her advice to better living with British Vogue. Here are Elle’s eight tips to well-being.
- Think about the food you are eating. Macpherson avoids processed foods, pesticides, and GMOs. “Being aware that what you put in your body matters is so important. It's a consciousness I didn't have 20 years ago,” she says.
- Beauty comes from inside. Looking good on the outside starts with putting good things inside your body. “I used to think looking good was all about using the right creams, but you have to begin with what you're putting into your body,” explains Elle.
- Take your time. Rushed input results in rushed output. When creating her wellness products, Macpherson took her time to develop a product that was exactly what she wanted it to be. She recommends applying this idea to all aspects of your life.
- Demand the best. Enough said!
- There is no such thing as guilty pleasures. “I don't feel any guilt around pleasure,” Elle says, and you shouldn’t either. If you practice a moderate lifestyle and actually enjoy the things that bring you pleasure, without any guilt, you’ll be living a healthier life.
- Make exercise fun. Don’t think of exercise as fitness; think of it as a sport that you do in nature. Macpherson suggests you run by the sea, swim, and hike as much as possible.
- Buy brands you believe in. When shopping for wellness products, ask yourself, “Do you know what's in it and where it came from?”
- Small changes make a big difference. It’s never too late to change your attitude about healthy living. Elle says attitude is important and to always laugh: “Anyone who laughs looks better than those who don’t.”
Try the supermodel's Super Elixir now.
What do you think of Macpherson’s tips?