We're Hiring: Home Décor Editor
We're looking for a new team member to join MyDomaine as Home Décor Editor full-time at our offices in Los Angeles or New York. Are you a strong writer with a strong interest in interiors and a knack for sourcing beautiful products, researching and packaging stories, and tackling daily deadlines? Read below for more details about the position and to learn how to apply.
Home Décor Editor
Clique. is seeking a full-time Home Décor Editor to create content across its décor and lifestyle site, MyDomaine. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in interior design and a broad interest in lifestyle topics, like travel, careers, healthy living, parenting, relationships, and food and entertaining
We are seeking true wordsmiths who are familiar with writing for the web, are able to research and package stories with ease, and have the ability to fearlessly tackle daily deadlines while managing multiple projects. Seeking an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented editor with a fresh point of view who is able to work in a fast-paced environment to construct short-form pieces, long-form essays, shopping stories, investigative narratives, inspiring slideshows, listicles, and timely lifestyle news pieces, as assigned by the Editorial Director. The editor should also have a great understanding of MyDomaine’s aesthetic and a knack for sourcing high-quality imagery.
MyDomaine is a shoppable interior design and lifestyle site for the urban millennial homemaker, produces new content daily, and reaches its audience through a daily email newsletter and various social channels.
- Write daily content for Clique.’s home design and lifestyle site, including features, shopping stories, image-heavy slideshows, interviews, and timely news pieces.
- Pitch and package stories on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with design industry insiders through store openings and other events.
- Become an expert on the latest in home decorating, and be a constant source of intel for MyDomaine’s readers.
- Market your stories via social media and other channels.
- Assist, as needed, with editorial photo shoots and other creative projects.
- Be a self-starter with excellent time-management skills, and manage deadlines, develop solutions, and produce stories simultaneously, while maintaining one eye on upcoming material.
- Must have an exceptional body of work that demonstrates an authoritative voice in the interior design and lifestyle industries.
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience writing for a print or digital magazine.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the interior design space, as well as any of the following other lifestyle verticals: travel, food, entertaining, careers, finance, parenting, relationships, weddings, and healthy living.
- Have the ability to quickly take an idea and turn it into a final product with ease.
- Basic HTML and CMS knowledge a must.
- Be creative, innovative, and able to pitch story ideas daily.
- Have strong visual sensibilities and an understanding of what makes a strong image.
- Have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight, daily deadlines with a strong sense of accountability.
- Have experience marketing editorial via social channels, and an understanding of what makes content clickable.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, located in Los Angeles or New York City. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
If interested, please send your résumé along with a cover letter with three examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may send links to online work and/or submit PDFs of print articles. The subject line of the email must read “RESUME: Home Décor Editor”. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. Due to the great number of résumés we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position at MyDomaine, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular résumé. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Clique. will contact you in the near future.