How to Fold a Fitted Sheet
If laundry day wasn't enough of a hassle, when you unload those freshly cleaned garments of yours, you inevitably encounter a wrangled, twisted mess of a fitted sheet. Anyone who intuitively knows how to fold a fitted sheet neatly must be superhuman—it is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. But there is a key… and today, we're here to show you how to make origami out of your bed linens—almost. Watch the video above to learn the proper way to fold a fitted sheet. We promise it will change your life. Read the instructions below.
1. Lay your sheet on your bed, corners up.
2. Pull the sheet toward you and fold it in half horizontally.
3. Flip it over so the opening faces you.
4. Tuck the top corners into the lower ones.
5. Fold it again horizontally, away from yourself.
6. Flip it over again so the opening faces you.
7. Tuck the top corners again into the lower ones.
8. Fold right to left into a neat stack. Voilà!
Shop some of our favorite sheets from Parachute below.
Are there any other household tricks you'd like to learn? Share with us below, and we'll try to tackle them for you!