How to Disable Your Human Tracking Device
You may be aware that your cell phone acts as a human tracking device. But we were shocked to find out just how invasive the Frequent Locations feature on our cell phones actually is. Not only does your cell phone record every location you've visited, but it also lists the number of recorded visits in a certain time period. So, if you click on one of your locations, your phone will list out all of the times and dates of your visits. If this sounds far too Big Brother to you, scroll through to read how you can turn the tracker off—for real.
- Go to the Settings menu, and select Privacy.
- Select Location Services.
- Scroll down (really far) to the bottom (keep going) and select System Services.
- Scroll and select Frequent Locations.
- Get sufficiently creeped out by how much your iPhone knows about you.
- Select Clear History and swipe the Frequent Locations tab left.
Want to know more about just how stalkerish your phone is? Visit Time.
Keep your phone looking fine with a stylish phone case like the one below.
Will you be turning your Frequent Locations tab off? Share with us in the comments.