This App Guides You Around the Mall + E. Coli Outbreak Closes 43 Chipotle Restaurants
• Chipotle has closed 43 restaurants after an E. coli outbreak. According to the Washington State Department of Health, 19 E. coli cases in Washington and three in Oregon have been connected to Chipotle, with eight people hospitalized. No one has died as a result. Chipotle is working with officials to find out the cause. — NBC News
• Your iPhone can now guide you around the mall. Apple quietly released a new RF-based interior positioning app this week, called Indoor Survey, that "lets you find your position inside a mall, arena, or other venue without the need to install special hardware." While it's currently hidden from App Store search, you can also download it via a direct link. — Engadget
• A new Star Trek TV series is coming in 2017. The new show will "introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966." It will be available to customers of CBS's new digital streaming service, CBS All Access. — Huffington Post
• Facebook has asked its employees to ditch their iPhones for Androids. Facebook’s chief product officer, Chris Cox, said he is mandating a switch to Android so staff can know firsthand how users experience the site in emerging markets. He said people "when left up to their own devices, will often prefer an iPhone," but "Android’s lower price points have made it a runaway success everywhere else." Cox hopes the move will ensure the designers have a better understanding of the Android system. — The Next Web
• After years of speculation, singer Tom Jones is having a DNA test to determine his racial background. The Welsh star hopes the test will trace his ancestors' ethnicity and end confusion about his heritage. "A lot of people still think I'm black," he said. "When I first came to America, people who had heard me sing on the radio would be surprised that I was white when they saw me. Because of my hair, a lot of black people still tell me that I'm just passing as white." — NME
• To shop today: Don't miss these kitchen tools for the perfect Thanksgiving dinner.
Opening Image: Business of Fashion