6 Signs You’re Going to Be Successful in Life
Although every person’s description of success differs, most people hope to achieve extraordinary success in some aspect of their life. A recent LinkedIn story by influencer Jeff Haden admits that there is no magic formula for success. However, he argues there are certain qualities that incredibly successful people share. Here are six signs that you are going to be successful in life—for more signs, read Haden’s complete article.
- You find happiness in the success of others. “Great teams are made up of employees who help one another, know their roles, set aside personal goals, and value team success over everything else,” Haden says.
- You relentlessly seek new experiences. Dr. Robert Cloninger, cited in the story, explains it well: “To succeed, you want to be able to regulate your impulses while also having the imagination to see what the future would be like if you tried something new."
- You don’t think about work/life balance; you just think about living life. As Haden puts it, “Incredibly successful people find ways to include family instead of ways to exclude work. They find ways to include interests, hobbies, passions, and personal values in their daily business lives. If you can’t, you’re not living—you’re just working.”
- You’re empathetic. A successful businessperson puts herself in her clients’ and employees’ shoes. While walking in their heels, she identifies their problems, struggles, and solutions.
- You have something to prove to yourself. Truly successful people realize they need to prove something to the most important person in their life, yourself.
- You see money as a responsibility, not a reward. Haden believes that “successful people don’t see money solely as a personal reward; they see money as a way to grow a business, reward and develop employees, and give back to the community.”
Learn more about being successful by reading the book
What do you think are the traits of successful people?