6 Great Last-Minute Gifts You Can Still Buy Now
It's the bottom of the ninth where gift shopping is concerned. Feeling you're hard-pressed to find the perfect gift for your friends or family? Don't resort to fruitcakes from your local store; we know a few truly awesome gifts you can still buy today.
- THE GIFT OF DECORATING: Have a friend who's been desperately wanting to redecorate? Buy your friend a room makeover from virtual design company Decorist, which, after receiving room photos and hearing about your friends' design goals, will supply them with two design boards, shopping lists, and a plan to pull it all together. All for just $199.
- GIVE THE GLOSSIES: With no-commitment monthly plans, magazine app NextIssue offers digital subscriptions to more than 140 top magazines in every topic under the sun (fashion, healthy, pop culture, food, etc.). Gift subscriptions start at $15/month.
- HOME COOKIN': One of our favorite new culinary companies is Blue Apron, which delivers measured fresh ingredients and exciting recipes to your door weekly, so you can enjoy the fun of cooking without having to head to the grocery or hunt down unusual ingredients. Give the gift of home cooking for just $10/meal for one, two, or four weeks.
- TEACH THEM TO COOK: Have a friend who's eager to learn more about cooking? Give he or she a membership to cooking video tutorial site Salted, which offers lessons from some of the country's top chefs. $20/three months and up.
- INSPIRE WITH ART: The art, culture, or history buffs in your life will be thrilled with a membership to their local museum. Who wouldn't want to stroll through the Impressionist gallery on a whim when it's free? Individual membership to The Metropolitan Musem of Art in New York is $110/yr, while a year-long membership to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art is $60.
- IMPROVED LISTENING: Most of us are glued to our headphones these days, so why not improve your pal's musical experience? Spotify's Premium membership lets you play any song, anytime—even when you're offline—with no ads. It's $10/three months through Dec. 31 and regularly $60/six months. Pandora One offers ad-free listening, more skips, premium audio quality, and offline access for $5/month. You can email or print a gift card right now.
What great last-minute gifts do you recommend?