These Are the Most Pinned Destinations in the World
There is no better place on the Internet to find inspiration than Pinterest. The virtual corkboard has thousands of pictures of everything from Harry Potter birthday party ideas to Game of Thrones hairstyle how-tos. Now Travel + Leisure is pointing us to a new board worth bookmarking: the most popular places in the world. Thanks to the place pins function, which allows users to add a location to a specific image, the folks at Pinterest were able to track which locations are pinned the most. They’ve compiled this information into one handy board and dubbed it the most popular destinations in the world. Wondering what they are? I’ve rounded them up below.
- Positano, Campania, Italy
- Musha Cay Island, Bahamas
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Havasu Falls, Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
- Petrohué Falls, Chile
- Jarlshof, Shetland, Scotland
- Kyoto, Japan
- Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia
- Glacier National Park, Montana, USA
- Tulum, Mexico
- Lisbon, Portugal
- New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Kjeragbolten, Norway
- Marrakesh, Morocco
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Somoto’s Canyon, Nicaragua
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Reykjavik, Iceland
- Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
- New York City, New York, USA
Planning a trip to the number one destination, Positano? Don’t forget to pack a chic swimsuit.
Have you traveled to any of the places on the list?