May 21, 2015Everyday
5 Things to Talk About Today
- Unicode, the maker of our beloved emojis have listened to our desperate cries and released a list of 38 new introductions to look forward to in 2016. On the list: bacon, avocado, and clinking champagne glasses. — Yahoo
- Today is Red Nose Day, a fundraising campaign to combat childhood poverty. Seth Meyers will host an all-star entertainment special tonight on NBC featuring Sam Smith, John Legend, Jane Lynch, and more. — NBC
- More than 100,000 gallons of oil has spilled off the coast of Southern California. The ruptured pipeline is 130 miles north of Los Angeles in Santa Barbara County. — CNN
- Hong Kong is using DNA to combat littering. The Hong Kong Cleanup Initiative used DNA cells collected from discarded trash to create facial renderings of the people who dropped it. — TIME
- Maggie Gyllenhaal revealed she was turned down for a part because at 37 she was too old to play the love interest of a 55-year-old man. "It made me feel bad, and then it made me feel angry, and then it made me laugh,” the actress said. — The Wrap
- Plus, shop Serena & Lily's major Memorial Day sale!