Forget Pastels—This Is the Next Big Color Trend, Says Pantone
It's only been a matter of months since Pantone crowned "greenery" as the 2017 color of the year, but it seems like the color authority has swiftly moved on. According to Elle Decor, the 2018 color forecast is here—and it could signal the end of a major trend.
Pantone Color Institute Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman reveals pastels might be on the way out. "Intense colors seem to be a natural application of our intense lifestyles and thought processes these days," she said at the International Home + Housewares Show, noting that bright yellow, lime, and saturated tones are on the rise.
These eight color palettes should be on your radar now, says Pantone.
Courtesy of Pantone
- Resourceful: Blues, oranges, and contrasting warm and cool tones
- Verdure: Berry, eggshell, and celery green
- Playful: Yellow, lime green, and sunny hues
- Discretion: Rose pink, elderberry, and subtle colors
- Far-Fetched: Blush, yellow, and earthy hues
- Intricacy: Neutral metallics with berry red and yellow
- Intensity: Saturated hues balanced with black and gold
- TECH-nique: Turquoise, pink, and purple
Which Pantone color palette would you try at home?