Add These 6 Protein-Packed Foods to Your Diet to Get in Shape Before Summer
When your diet is balanced, you shouldn't struggle with mid-afternoon hunger pangs, but mastering the perfect mix of vegetables, protein, and carbohydrates when you're trying to get in shape can be a challenge. Why is it that the more greens you eat, the less satisfied you feel?
According to Women's Health, the key to keeping your appetite in check is by boosting the number of protein-packed foods you eat. We're not just talking about chicken and beef—protein can be found in a number of healthy, unexpected ingredients like beans, seeds, and fish. Yes, sprinkling half a cup of black beans in your salad might make all the difference. Add more of these high-protein foods to each meal to stay satisfied for longer and hit your health goals in time for summer.
- Black beans: A 1/2 cup contains eight grams of protein.
- Egg whites: Two large eggs contain eight grams of protein.
- Canned sardines: Three sardines contain 24 grams of protein.
- Shrimp: Four ounces of shrimp contain 24 grams of protein.
- Tofu: A 1/2 cup of tofu contains 10 grams of protein.
- Wild salmon: Four ounces contain 28 grams of protein.
Have you tried a high-protein diet? Tell us if it changed your appetite.