11 Super-Simple Ways to Organize Your Home in Minutes
Changing seasons always make us want to refresh our home. If you're ready to give your space a spring cleaning (we know, it's nearly March!) but can't find the time, Mind Body Green has brainstormed fast-and-easy ways to declutter your space. Here's our edit of the best organizational solutions for your pantry, living room, linen closet, and beyond. Give your home a mess makeover with these 11 super-simple tips.
- Restock your linen closet. If you wouldn't give your guest a towel from the back of your linen closet, it's time to do a closet cleanse. If you wash your linen less than once a week, they could be a hotbed for bacteria.
- Style a shelf. Styling a bookcase or shelf in an entryway or living area is a great way to give your space a new curated look. Make statement items the focal point or stack coffee table books for a personal touch.
- Reposition art. Multiple artworks can anchor a room, but if hung without thought they can also make a space appear cluttered. Take down your artworks and start from scratch. Experiment with grouping framed pieces for a contained look.
- Buy a knife block. Never seem to be able to find the right knife? Take them out of your draws and organize them in a countertop knife block that doubles as a sharpener.
- Upgrade greenery. Indoor plants have a ton of health benefits, but too many can make a space look chaotic. Trade your supply of small plants for one large statement piece in a minimal ceramic planter.
- Reconsider your doormat. Your entryway forms a first impression of your home, so give it some thought. Refreshing your doormat is a super-quick way to give it a five-minute facelift.
- Do a bathroom product inventory. If your bathroom cabinets are filling up with pharmacy buys you haven't touched in years, it's time to declutter.
- Designate winter storage space. Clear out an area of your storage closet for winter sheets. Vacuum-pack seasonal items and store them away in a less accessible area to win back space.
- Group small items. If you always leave your coffee pot and sugar jar out on the kitchen counter to use each morning, give them a specific place. Use a tray to group small items and make them seem more contained.
- Change your folding technique. Sure, it might seem like a simple skill, but changing the way you fold a duvet or fitted sheet can free up a lot of space.
- Bulk-buy storage containers. It's a simple visual trick: Lots of mismatched containers make a pantry look cluttered. Swap them out for glass jars or Khloé Kardashian–style pantry baskets.
What's your secret to organizing your home in minutes? Share your tips in the comments.