How to Relieve Stomach Indigestion in 5 Minutes (Without Taking Medicine)
There's nothing worse than finishing a delicious meal only to cap it off with a stomachache. We've previously identified some of the inconspicuous foods that make you feel bloated and uncomfortable, but there are other ways to relieve indigestion without changing your diet. Case in point: these stretches from The Little Things, which were designed to relieve stomach pain and digestive issues after a filling meal. Grab your yoga mat; you can banish belly bloat in just 20 minutes with the following three stretches:
1. Lying Down Knee Twist:
- Lie flat on your back and bend your knees 90 degrees.
- Spread your arms flat, twist your hips to one side, face your head the other direction and hold for 30 seconds.
- Rotate to the other side and hold for 30 more seconds.
2. Lying Down Knee Rock:
- Lie flat on your back.
- Hold your knees against your chest and gently rock side to side.
- Rotate in a circle for 30 seconds in each direction.
3. Seated Knee Twist:
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend you left knee and cross your right elbow over.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds, then reverse.
For a video tutorial on each stretch, head over to The Little Things, and share your favorite post-dinner stretching routine with us below.