How Successful People Spend Their Weekends
In the past couple of months, I've been trying to change my weekend habits. Instead of binge drinking on Saturdays while attending a sporting event, wine tasting, or music festival, I’m being productive. It turns out this is a good idea if you want to be super successful in life. A recent Inc. article highlights what remarkably successful people do on the weekend—and partying with friends at the park is not on their agenda. Wondering what is? Here are five things successful people always do on the weekends.
- They stay active. “People who are incredibly successful understand the importance of the body in relation to the mind. The health of the one simply cannot be maintained without upkeeping the other,” explains Peter Economy. Apparently, Anna Wintour plays tennis every day for one hour. When you consider that 60 minutes is only 1/24 of your day and that 30 minutes is only 1/48 of your day, you shouldn’t really have an excuse not to exercise.
- They practice JOMO, not FOMO. Instead of checking Facebook over the weekend and experiencing the fear of missing out, successful people practice the joy of missing out. They don’t care about what they are missing, and instead, they focus on what they are doing right then and there—and they find joy in this.
- They reflect back. Taking a few minutes on the weekend to think about the past week will help you learn from your mistakes and figure out what you could have done better.
- They prepare for the coming week. On Sunday evening, successful people are making a plan for the coming week. They think about what they want to get done and how to make this week run smoother than the last.
- They prioritize things that matter. When you have a hectic work schedule, it’s easy to lose track of the things that bring us emotional happiness. On the weekends, successful people reconnect with family members, friends, hobbies, and passions that aren’t found in their work.
To learn more about how successful people spend their time, read 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management.
What are you doing this weekend?