The Highest-Paying Careers for 20-Somethings
When you've just graduated high school, grappling with the fact that you now have to work full time is hard enough (let alone the idea that you have to make the monumental decision about what you want to do for the rest of your life).
Well, a new a new report from Young Invincibles, a Washington, D.C.-based group that represents the interests of young Americans, understands your millenial woes and wants to help you find a career that might actually offer a decent income, and help you pay off your massive student loans.
Researchers Konrad Mugglestone and Tom Allison considered three factors when they came up with the list: an occupation's mediam salary; an occupation's projected growth; and projected employment growth. The result of this research is a list of the highest-paying 25 jobs for 20-somethings.
- Physician assistants
- Biomedical engineers
- Computer and information research scientists
- Market research analysts and marketing specialists
- Nuclear engineers
- Elevator installers and repairers
- Petroleum engineers
- Dental hygienists
- Financial analysts and advisors
- Software developers and programmers
- Public relations and fundraising managers
- Public relations specialists
- Credit analysts
- Agents and business managers of artists, performers and athletes
- Geological and petroleum technicians
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Medical scientists
- Agricultural and food scientists
- Surveyors, cartographers, and photogrammetrists
To read the full report and the median income for each job listed, visit Young Invincibles.
What do you think of these careers? Would you study something that wasn't your passion but was guaranteed to pay more in the end? Let us know in the comments.