20 Reasons It's Awesome to Be Single in Your 30s
I’m about to turn 34, and I’m single—but I’m not afraid to announce it to the world. I don’t consider myself an old maid, and I’m tired of my friends, family members, and colleagues feeling sorry for me. Why? Relationship wise, I’m in one of the best places I’ve ever been, and I don’t mind being kid-free at this point. I’m confident, I know what I want and what I don’t want, and I’m not the naive 20-something I used to be. While it is hard to be the only person who’s single at a wedding, most of the time it’s pretty cool to be single in your 30s.
Don’t believe me? Here are 20 reasons being single in your 30s can be the best.
1. You have more financial freedom, so you can afford to do the things that make you happy. Want to spend a week in January at a surf camp in Costa Rica? Go right ahead! Want to ride a bike around Germany in high heels? Why not?
2. You’re also more confident than you were in your 20s and know how to avoid immature dating games.
3. You can travel with ease. Since you only have your schedule to consider, planning your upcoming birthday trip will be a breeze.
4. You can drive whatever car you’d like.
5. You can prioritize your beauty sleep.
6. You’re always the DJ in your house and car.
7. You get to choose what you watch on TV.
8. You can eat whatever you want for dinner.
9. If you buy food or alcohol, you know it will be there waiting for you after work.
10. You’re only responsible for doing your own laundry.
11. You don’t have to worry about being friends with anyone else’s friends plus their friends/partners.
12. You can celebrate the entire holiday season with your family and don’t have to split your time going to someone else’s family functions.
13. You can do whatever you want when you want, and you never have to call someone to check in.
14. Your married friends can’t pressure you to plan your pregnancy/life events with them.
15. You can sleep like a star and hog all the pillows and blankets.
16. All your married friends are always willing to set you up with someone.
17. Your purse isn’t loaded with toys, Kleenex, and baby food.
18. When you travel, you only have to worry about packing for yourself.
19. You don’t have to worry about getting a divorce.
20. You can decorate your home however you’d like.
Why do you think it’s cool to be single in your 30s?