From faultless interior styling, serious beauty props and unparalleled sartorial achievement, the French are having a real(ly long) moment, and we don’t think it’s going to dissipate any time soon (we just can’t stop stalking Jeanne Damas). The City of Love has long been a go-to destination, and the worlds fascination with French girls has made it a must-see stop on your annual pilgrimage to Europe.
On a recent post in our Facebook group, The Clique, a member was planning her own trip and looking for tried-and-tested places to eat, drink and shop—what else would you want to do in Paris, right? And we must say, the recommendations were world class. Scroll on to see the only places in-the-know women visit when they go to Paris.
- "My favourite in Le Marais is Chez Janou."
- "I suggest the Cafe Charlot for the quintessential Parisian bistro experience, L’Eclair de Génie for eclairs (obviously!) that look as good as they taste, and for something different, L'As du Fallafel, known for the city's best falafels. There's also a bunch of falafel joints on the strip (Rue de Rosiers I think), but you'll be able to pick this by the biggest line. Get takeaway and go sit in Place des Vosges around the corner. For Australian-standard coffee, can't beat cafes Boot, Oberkampf, Mericourt and Holybelly."
- "I had a great lunch at La Maison Plisson."
- "Go to Wild and The Moon if you want healthy juices, açai bowls."
- "Le Mary Celeste is my favourite bar in Paris and is in Le Marais. I second Holybelly for coffee. Also, Rue Mouffetard Sunday markets are awesome. It's worth trying Berthillion gelato on Ile St. Le Baron Rouge is a great authentic French wine bar that’s super cheap."
- "Merci for an hour of shopping and Le Progrès for a spritz!"
- "Shopping is a dime a dozen in the Marais, you really can't go wrong. Rue des Francs Bourgeois and Rue Vieille du Temple are two great streets to wander if you're keen for a browse."