|For such a quick and easy lunch, you'll need a chic lunch box to pack it in. I love these simple aluminum ones. Three in One Lunchbox, $26, ECOlunchbox.|
1 bunch of leafy kale 4 8" whole wheat tortillas 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced 1 large avocado, sliced 4 slices bacon, cooked 1 tomato, sliced and cut into half-moonsFor the balsamic vinaigrette: 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 3 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper to taste (serves 4)
1. Remove the ribs from the kale and chop the leaves into 1/2 inch segments. I do this by rolling the pieces of kale up like a cigar and slicing across.
2. Make the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients and whisking vigerously.
3. Toss the kale into a bowl with the vinaigrette, and massage for a minute or two until the kale is tender and a little limp.
4. On an open tortilla, lay the dressed kale, some chicken breast, followed by rest of the ingredients.
5. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up, the fold over the right side followed by the left. Secure with a toothpick if you like.For more snack and lunch ideas, head over to The Kitchy Kitchen. Photographs: Claire Thomas