If there's one thing I'm doing at any given moment, it's spending money (likely without even noticing). While a city like New York tends to have that kind of effect on people, the exorbitant rent prices, world-famous shopping scene, and the omnipresent temptations make saving money that much more important.
Of course, this sort of mindless spending isn't unique to one city; the desire to spend is present no matter where you live. This is exacerbated by the fact that stores are literally designed to make you shell out your hard-earned cash. If you've found yourself staring at your bank statement in disbelief more times than you'd like to admit, consider the following mindless money-wasters, as originally outlined by Wise Bread:
- In-app purchases
- Buying water bottles instead of using a refillable one
- Unused subscriptions
- Your morning coffee
- Buying name-brand everything
- Getting credit cards with high interest rates
- Keeping your cable TV when you already pay for Netflix
- Forgetting to turn off your lights
- Not adjusting your thermostat settings
- Going out to eat multiple times a week
What money-wasters would you add to this list? Share your opinion in the comments below!