While some enjoy using dating apps, others view them as somewhat of a necessary evil in our increasingly digital social landscape. But whether you’re pro-Tinder or anti-Tinder, cuffing season has a way of inducing enough panic to unite most singletons under the umbrella of “active dating app user.” Fortunately, plenty of dating apps now share their data with romantic hopefuls looking to statistically increase their chances of finding love on the internet. Most recently, Happn released its own dating app profile suggestions based on a qualitative analysis of the picture and descriptions of the most-liked Happn profiles around the world.
As reported by My Body+Soul, make the following nine changes to your dating app profile to increase your chances of finding love this season (or at least someone to watch Netflix with)…
- Five is the ideal number of photos.
- Your first photo should clearly show your face.
- Include a mix of portrait and full-length photos.
- The photo quality should be good.
- Some photos can include your friends, but most profile photos should focus on you alone.
- Pets won’t necessarily attract more matches.
- Include photos of you smiling.
- Your images should be in color (the only exception is when you’re in France, where black-and-white photos are the most successful).
- Use natural light instead of artificial.
Everything You Need for the Perfect Date Night at Home
What are your favorite dating apps? Add your two cents below, and read up on which apps our editors loved (and hated) next.