Halloween fanatics, rejoice: You can now stay the night at Dracula's castle in Transylvania, thanks to Airbnb. The lodging start-up has partnered with Dacre Stoker, the great-grandnephew of the infamous Dracula author Bram Stoker, to make the legendary Bran Castle available to two contest winners for one night only. Stoker, a well-respected vampire expert himself, will serve as host at the castle, recounting the chilling tale of Vlad the Impaler as the night unfolds.
Guests will be led through a secret passage on the first floor, where they will enjoy a candlelit meal in the grand dining room. As for sleeping accommodations, the chosen couple will be left to sleep in two velvet-trimmed coffins in the Count's crypt. Should they make it through the night, they will enjoy a morning breakfast on the castle terrace to celebrate their triumph. In order to qualify, the winning couple must agree to the following restrictions, according to Airbnb:
- There are no garlic or garlic-scented items allowed.
- You are kindly requested to leave your silver jewelry at home.
- Do not cross the cutlery. In fact, please refrain from placing anything in a cross formation.
- Beware of the bats in the castle tower.
- Please close all curtains before sunrise.
- Do not take mirror selfies—the count is not a fan.
Head over to the listing to enter, and click through below to check out the accommodations. Would you stay the night at Dracula's castle?
Opening Image: Original illustration by Stephanie DeAngelis