As far as Taz Bhatia, MD, is concerned, hormonal health is indiscriminately tied to your liver. Which is why Bhatia, a board-certified physician and creator of The Doctor's Guide to Hormonal Balance, drinks the below liver-cleansing smoothie nearly every day.
"If I were forced to pick just one drink that helps hormones the most, I'd choose my green smoothie," she writes for Mindbodygreen. "Thanks to their retained fiber, the greens in green smoothies help flush the liver and the digestive system, metabolizing and binding the bad by-products of hormones." Her unique recipe is packed with the greens, fats, and fruits necessary to balance hormones while cleansing your liver. Here are the ingredients she swears by:
- Organic kale, spinach, or Swiss chard to metabolize and detoxify estrogen
- Fresh organic parsley and dandelion greens to support the liver
- Organic cherries or strawberries to add sweetness and support hormone production
- Chia seeds to help produce healthy hormones and combat inflammation
- Bananas and filtered water to help blend
- Raw honey to taste
Transform your diet
For the full instructions, head over to Mindbodygreen, and share your hormone balancing tricks with us below.