As digital natives, we've tweaked, simplified, and perfected the art of the side hustle. This is due in no small part to the fact that all you need to start a successful business these days is a smartphone and a Wi-Fi connection. If your intention is to simply supplement your main source of income with a side project or two, the opportunities are endless.
Case in point: Business Insider's recent list of ways to earn a passive income, or a "regular income which requires little to no effort to maintain," the site writes. "[It's] the perfect option for people who want some extra cash to do the things they love." So whether you're saving up for a trip abroad or simply looking to pad your savings account, consider the following side projects to add to your bottom line:
- List your apartment on Airbnb
- Sell old furniture on eBay or Craigslist
- Invest in the stock market
- Start a blog
- Become a real estate investor
- Sell clothing to Plato's Closet or, if you live in New York, Beacon's Closet
- Learn how to sell your professional-quality photos online
How do you supplement your main source of income? Share your side-hustle tips below!