- University of Maryland
Emily Shwake is a full-time freelance writer living in Brooklyn, New York. She writes about home, cooking, and shopping for sites such as Martha Stewart and Apartment Therapy.
- Emily has 4+ years of freelance writing experience.
- Her work has appeared in publications such as BuzzFeed, Martha Stewart, Apartment Therapy, and Allure.
- She has written for MyDomaine since 2020.
Emily has been writing professionally since 2016. She regularly writes about ways to make a house a home with products, decor tips, and budgeting tricks. As a careful shopper herself, Emily always does her research before adding anything (whether it's a desk or a roll of paper towels) to her cart.
Emily received her Bachelor of Arts in English language and literature from the University of Maryland, College Park.
- 12 Stores to Shop for Beauty Products with Curbside Pickup, Allure
- All The Best Deals at Target Right Now, Buzzfeed
- 6 Low-Maintenance Houseplants Even Beginners Can Keep Alive, MSN.com
MyDomaine, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is the only design-forward, digital-first home site that shares highly-curated content for everyday décor enthusiasts and industry professionals alike. We're constantly working to bring you practical tips, original news, breakout trends, and inspiration within the home and design space, all backed by experts. We do so by meeting with interior designers, connecting with the heads of your favorite brands, attending leading design events, and joining forces with industry authorities. MyDomaine reaches 3 million users each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.