>The other day as I was waiting for a video to load on my computer, I couldn’t help but wonder, why is this taking so long? It looks like I’m not alone, because a recent Inc. article discusses how to speed up your home Wi-Fi. While I was worried the tips would be too complicated and tech-y, they are actually quite simple things you probably have never thought about! Here’s how to have faster Internet at home.
- Place your router or wireless access point near the center of your home.
- Don't place your router in a closet.
- Keep your router away from other electronic devices to prevent interference.
- Place your router high up.
- Keep your router and wireless devices up to date.
- Enable security. Don’t let anyone steal your Wi-Fi, as this will impact its performance.
- If your router has external antennas, experiment with placing some antennas vertically and some horizontally.
- Experiment with changing your Wi-Fi channel.
- Reboot your router regularly.
>To learn more about how the Internet works, read The Internet Book.
>Are you annoyed by slow Internet? How do you deal with it?