First dates can be totally enjoyable, a so-so experience, or can leave you wishing you were anywhere else. (Remember that one time when your date handed you cash at the end of the night saying you could "get the points?") And just as every first meeting ranges from sweet to bizarre, so, too, do the first-date questions. We asked around to see the questions our friends and co-workers have asked, been asked, and wished they'd never heard altogether. Ranging from corny to sincere to just a little bit strange, we've rounded up some of our favorite first-date questions. Scroll through, keep some in your back pocket as conversation starters, and vow you'll never use the others.
1. Have you ever traveled solo? How was it?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What are the five top travel destinations on your bucket list?
4. Is there a city you'd consider your home away from home?
5. What's the weirdest thing you've ever witnessed on public transportation?
6. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you meet?
7. What's the last book you read, and what did you think of it?
8. Sweet or savory?
9. Do you like your name? Did you like it when you were growing up?
10. How long was your last serious relationship?
11. What was/is your parents' relationship like? Would you aspire for your relationship to be like theirs? Why or why not?
12. If you were going to describe your love life using a book or movie, which would you choose?
13. Theoretically, if you had a past life, what were you doing in said past life?
14. What's one thing you want to do before you die?
15. Astrology: yes or no?
16. What's one thing that scares you?
17. How would you like to be remembered?
18. Aliens—are they real?
19. Where do you see yourself in five years?
20. If your friends were going to describe you using one word, what would it be?
21. What was your favorite childhood party theme?
22. What’s your favorite restaurant in your city?
23. How many siblings do you have? Are you close to your family?
24. Paperback or e-reader?
25. What would your death row meal be?
26. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
27. Lounge on the beach or hit the slopes?
28. What is your favorite childhood memory?
29. What bands/songs would make up the soundtrack of your life?
30. How do you spend your Saturday nights?
31. What was the first concert you ever went to?
32. What were you like in high school?
33. What was your biggest childhood fear?
34. What Starburst flavor would you be?
35. What time do you usually go to bed?
36. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or brunch?
37. Is your heart one that needs to be cracked or melted?
Do you have a favorite first-date question you like to ask? Up next: the secret to long-lasting love.