Ever wonder what your home might be like with unlimited funds and all that imagination? Well, you're in luck because we've been given a glimpse at what such a dream home might look like. Interior designer Wendy Raizin of Raizin Design, LLC is a pioneer in the space of innovative products for the home with an eye towards improved quality of life. According to Raizin, we are living in a time where we can combine science with technology to create significantly healthier living spaces that do not compromise style and sophistication. Although Raizin has designed for the likes of Hollywood producers like Judd Apatow, she is passionate about the broad possibilities for improving our indoor environments, no matter the budget.
Read on to see what Raizin would include given free-reign and an unlimited budget, plus four suggestions everyone (even renters!) can hop on board with, now.
Floors with built-in reflexology by way of special heated stones to relieve stress. Yes, really!
- Hardwood flooring built with cork underneath to cushion impact on the body and also muffle sound. This is ideal for family homes or apartment complexes.
- Shower heads with Vitamin C inserts to neutralize chlorine and other harmful chemicals.
Advanced indoor lighting, including daytime-sensitive automation to promote better sleep and more alert mornings.
- Always choose a low VOC (or volatile organic compound) paint.
- Have dimmers installed to your lights. Before you retire for the night, lower the brightness of your bedroom lights for at least 30 minutes to an hour. It will promote a better night's sleep.
- Hang blackout shades behind your decorative curtains.
Get an air purifier, which you can take with you to your next apartment/home. This one, from Coway, is a great value.