With the holidays right around the corner, our minds have turned from fall-friendly crockpot recipes to festive holiday treats. As always, we've turned to Pinterest in an effort to streamline our search for the most delicious holiday cookie out there. This year, Chew Out Loud's recipe for buttery jam thumbprint cookies came out on top, garnering some 270,000 saves in 2016 alone. With a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookie dough and a sweet fruit preserve, it's not hard to see why. Here's how to make these delicious treats for your next holiday party, thanks to Chew Out Loud:
- 1 cup salted butter, softened to room temp (not melted)
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, plus 1/4 cup more for dusting
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup thick fruit preserves (I used raspberry, blackberry, and peach)
- Preheat oven to 325°F with the rack in middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and light, 2 minutes. Add vanilla and salt, scraping down bowl as needed. Switch to medium-low speed and gently mix in flour, just until combined. Dough will be somewhat sticky (if it's too sticky to work with, cover and chill for 30 minutes.)
For the full recipe, head over to Chew Out Loud.
What's your favorite holiday cookie recipe? Share it below.