Ever notice how there are some people who are really good at getting what they want from others? These people have discovered the powerful secrets of persuasiveness—a topic that was recently discussed in an interesting Inc. article. “You may be surprised to know that you probably already have the qualities you need to be persuasive,” writes Lolly Daskal. “It doesn't mean you have to be manipulative or a suck-up. Genuine persuasiveness is an important part of being successful.” So what are the areas that we should cultivate in order to be more persuasive?
Here are 12 qualities the most passionately persuasive people share. These are the things you should put into practice if you want to be more convincing and influential.
- Know how to connect with other people.
- Find other people’s sweet spots.
- Make a good impression.
- Learn how to define needs.
- Develop emotional intelligence.
- Know how to dance, figuratively.
- Be curious and inquisitive.
- Display confidence.
- Know how to inspire.
- Learn how to be a great storyteller.
- Get personal.
- Be authentic and genuine.
Learn more about this topic by reading The Power of Persuasion by Robert Levine.
Are you a persuasive person? How did you become one?