We all love a little eggnog now and again. And that whipped cream or marshmallow-topped hot cocoa? Don't get us started. It's no question that the holiday season presents challenges of all different kinds, and among them is the ubiquity of sweets, treats, and spiked spirits. Yum. This time of year, what with all of the parties and gatherings, even the most dedicated among us can give in to the temptation. Enter: This helpful list from US News that pairs all of the holiday season's most popular offending indulgences with the calories and exercise needed to burn them right off. Our ultimate takeaway? Worth it. Definitely, definitely worth it. That being said, knowledge is power—and ultimately peace of mind to have another White Russian, after all.
- Hot chocolate with whipped cream (12 ounces): 320 calories – or 20 minutes of running up stairs.
- Peppermint mocha (16 ounces): 470 calories – or 60 minutes of chopping wood.
- Pumpkin spice latte (16 ounces): 410 calories – or 50 minutes of hiking.
- Holiday fruit punch (8 ounces): 235 calories – or 30 minutes of brisk walking.
- Spiced apple cider (8 ounces): 120 calories – or 20 minutes of spirited dancing.
- Eggnog (8 ounces): 390 calories – or 40 minutes of light jogging.
- Hot buttered rum (16 ounces): 420 calories – or 60 minutes of singles tennis.
- White Russian (16 ounces): 355 calories – or 40 minutes of pick-up basketball.
Do you worry about calories on Christmas or do you give yourself a free pass? Tell us below, then head to US News for the complete list.