Between the holiday season and the unsettling election upset, the last few months of 2016 have offered more than enough opportunities for stress. Rather than hibernate until January 1, why not relax and recharge by looking to the stars for guidance? After all, astrology has helped us determine our decorating style, bedroom paint color, travel plans, ideal engagement ring, and so much more—why stop at stress management? To our surprise and delight, Well+Good recently spoke to astrologer Sandra Sitron of Strong Eye Astrology about the best ways to de-stress, according to your sign. Here's what she had to say:
- Fiery and energetic Aries should sweat out her stress with an intense workout at her favorite gym.
- Taurus should regain control of her life and promote a sense of calm by breaking bad habits and eating healthy.
- To regain a sense of order, the naturally curious Gemini should seek answers to her many questions during this tumultuous time.
- A true homebody, the Cancer girl should retreat to her sanctuary and surround herself with familiar faces and objects.
- As the creative of the Zodiac, Leo should channel her energy into a painting, poem, or inventive meal to relax and unwind.
- A true earth sign, the Virgo woman should channel her stress into a productive and soothing activity, like cleaning.
- Intellectual Libra should talk out her stresses with a trusted confidante, helping her to relax and process new information.
- If sex is safe, desired, and consensual, the highly physical Scorpio should indulge with her partner as a stress reliever.
- Philosophical Sagittarius needs to understand the world around her—this fire sign should turn to trusted mentors or try journaling.
- Goal-oriented Capricorn should do what she does best: Make a plan and take charge of the situation.
- As a natural-born visionary, the Aquarius woman should elevate her mind and gain some perspective by creating a vision board.
- Spiritual Pisces should turn to meditation in times of stress and anxiety—it clears her mind and heightens her intuition.
Head over to Well+Good for more in-depth information from Sandra Sitron, and share your stress-relieving tip below!