Sleep is at the bedrock of mental, physical, and emotional health, so much so that sleep deprivation is actually considered a major public health concern in many countries. From delayed reaction times to impaired decision-making skills, a lack of sleep can quite literally erode your quality of life. That being said, it more than pays to be proactive about your sleep schedule. PureWow is of the same opinion, penning an eye-opening list of things to do during the day to guarantee a consistently deep slumber at night. Here's what the site suggests:
- Wake up at the same time every day to make your sleep/wake schedule as consistent as possible.
- Expose yourself to plenty of sunlight during the day to help synchronize your body's internal clock.
- Meditate in order to clear your head and make your mind more prone to sleepiness at night.
- Work out to help tire out your muscles so you're not restless at night—even if it's just a 20-minute walk.
- Write a to-do list for the next day to set your game plan ahead of time—there's nothing worse than tossing and turning all night long.
What would you add to this list? Share your suggestions with us below.