While it may seem impossible for a kitchen appliance to amass any kind of "cult following" on the Internet, we've learned to never underestimate the power of the Instant Pot. Not only has the seven-in-one kitchen appliance scored over 20,000 five-star reviews on Amazon, but the gadget has earned the approval of foodies and busy working moms alike.
"It's a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, and sautés all in one!" raves Facebook user Megan Mattar Jeannette, nanny and mother of one. "You can get rid of all your other small appliances once you get this. It makes cooking so much easier!"
While one's mind inevitably turns to stews, soups, and chilis when you think of an electronic slow cooker, Jeannette and the editors at Women's Health explain that the Instant Pot can be used to cook basically anything. Below, read up on the six surprising foods and dishes you can cook in the Instant Pot:
- Hard-boiled eggs. Using the steam tray that comes with the pot, you can perfectly hard-boil eggs in just seven minutes.
- Spaghetti squash. You can cook an entire spaghetti squash in 20 minutes with just a cup of water and the steam tray.
- Shredded chicken. Pour one cup of liquid over frozen chicken breasts for perfectly shreddable chicken in 45 minutes.
- Refried beans. This protein-packed side can be made in 45 minutes on the "bean/chili" setting.
- Ramen. Both the fancy kind and the two-cent kind can be whipped up in the Instant Pot—no stove or oven required.
- Greek yogurt. Make your own nutritious Greek yogurt with live cultures overnight on the "yogurt" setting.
Shop the famous Instant Pot below:
What obscure dishes have you made in your Instant Pot? Comment below, and check out more Instant Pot recipes next.