Nutritional research has found several compounds in certain fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs and spices that can boost sex drive, performance, and pleasure. Discover what these compounds are and what foods contain the highest concentration of these sexually stimulating nutrients. Juicing is not just a great way to increase your health, strengthen muscles, and reduce weight. Juicing is the healthiest way to have more fun!
Better Than Pills
These discoveries come at an important time. Supplements and prescription medications to treat ED (erectile dysfunction) are incredibly popular, and a female Viagra is on the horizon. Unfortunately, few people realize that these drugs have serious side effects such as memory, hearing, and vision loss. So toss out those pills and start juicing the following foods for a healthy and natural enhancement of your sexual experience with no side effects!
- Bananas are rich in potassium which reduces sodium in the body. Sodium causes the body to retain water which decreases blood flow. Decreased blood flow in turn decreases libido. Bananas are a powerful and natural way to combat erectile dysfunction.
- Blueberries and Cherries are among the best sources of antioxidants which increase the production of nitric oxide—a key factor in male sexual satisfaction.
- Ginger is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients that enhance blood flow and the sensitivity of nerve endings.
- Watermelon is a rich source of the amino acid citrulline which converts to nitric oxide and stimulates the flow of blood.
Just for Men
- 1 cup cubed Watermelon - with a bit of rind
- 10 Cherries - without the pits
- 1” thumb of fresh Ginger - with the skin
- 1/2 Banana - after juicing the previous ingredients, blend a banana and add it to your juice (bananas tend to clog juice machines so use your blender)
Add-Ins for Men
- Black Tea is a traditional Chinese remedy for erectile dysfunction. Nutritional science has found that it does in fact increase levels of testosterone in the body.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E which stimulates the production of nitric oxide. For best results eat 1/4 to 1/3 cup of almonds 2 or 3 times a week.
- Eggs are one of the richest sources of vitamin B compounds which reduce stress in both men and women. Stress is now considered by many doctors to be the greatest cause of decreased libido. Consider adding a beaten egg to your juice.
- Flaxseed Oil is another food which increases blood flow due to its rich source of omega-3’s.
- Garlic assists the body’s production of nitric oxide. You only need a small amount to get the benefits. For those uneasy about the smell, odorless garlic powder and supplements are available at your local health food store.
- Nutmeg is a great flavor as well as an actual aphrodisiac supported by research. A recent study in male mice found that nutmeg and clove together stimulated sexual activity significantly.
- Olive Oil is rich in omega-3 and 6 fatty acids which increase levels of testosterone in the body.
- Pistachios and Walnuts are rich sources of the amino acid arginine, which greatly increases blood flow by stimulating nitric oxide in the body.
- Whole Milk increases the levels of testosterone in the body. Unpasteurized milk found at your local dairy is better because the pasteurization process kills many nutrients.
For a fascinating view of the benefits of unpasteurized milk, check out the Weston Price Foundation.
- Avocado increases female drive, stamina, and energy due to its high content of folic acid.
- Bananas are as helpful for the libido of females as for males, but in a different way. Bananas are rich in the enzyme bromelain which increases female energy and libido.
- Carrots increase female sexual satisfaction due to the abundance of vitamin A which heightens sensation in a woman’s body.
- Celery increases a woman’s libido due to the high content of the hormone aldosterone.
- Dark Green Veggies augment female sex drive due to the rich source of zinc.
- Pineapple assists the body in the production of vetrogen which is a key component for female sexual satisfaction.
Just for Women
- 2 Carrots - with the peel
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 cup Pineapple - without skin
- 1/2 Banana - use a blender and then add to your juice - bananas (and avocado) tend to clog juice machines.
- 1/2 Avocado - use a blender as above.
Add-Ins for Women
- Dark Chocolate assists in blood flow and increased sensation by enlarging blood vessels. It is an excellent source of phenylethylamine which effects the brain as a pain-reducer (analgesic) and anti-depressant which stimulates libido and sexual satisfaction.
- Eggs, as mentioned above for men, are an abundant source of vitamin B compounds which reduce stress and increase sex drive and desire for women as well.
- Figs have traditionally been found especially helpful in augmenting sexual desire in women.
- Ginseng has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine to increase a woman’s sexual desire.
- Fennel and Whole Milk: this combination is particularly interesting for women. Fennel is a natural source of estrogen and whole milk contains natural forms of testosterone. These two hormones together have been shown in preliminary research to increase female sexual interest and satisfaction.
Foods that Harm the Sexual Experience for Men and Women
- Processed Sugar is not only unhealthy, it diminishes testosterone in men, thus lowering male libido.
- Trans Fats are so unhealthy that they are now banned by the FDA. One of their effects is decreased blood flow which diminishes sexual ability in women and men. Trans fats are still found in many junk foods.
- Canned Foods are lined with "BPA," a substance which, in high amounts cause erectile dysfunction. Look for "BPA FREE" labels on cans.
- Soy lowers libido in men by diminishing testosterone.
- Salt in large amounts causes erectile dysfunction which even medication cannot undo.
- Alcohol diminishes inhibition and lessens stress, but too much decreases sexual performance and sensation.