At this point, you'd have to make a concerted effort to not know who Kayla Itsines is. The Australian fitness entrepreneur is the picture of health and wellness, having founded her own company and app, Body by Kayla and Sweat With Kayla, at age 18. She's since amassed 9.2 million Instagram followers in her 10 years as a personal trainer, in addition to penning two e-books on her Bikini Body workout guides and nutrition tips. Suffice it to say, Itsines knows a thing or two about getting in shape—and her diet is an important part of that.
Considering we're currently prepping for warm-weather vacations and spring temperatures (if they ever arrive), we turned to Kayla's blog for some healthy recipe inspiration. For starters, Itsines always has the following five foods on hand, no matter the season:
1. Mangos. "I love a fresh, juicy mango as a snack on its own or added to smoothies. A mango salsa is also perfect to top grilled fish or chicken."
2. Figs. "When it comes to figs, I love them fresh! They can be eaten by themselves; used as a topping for smoothie bowls, toast, or yogurt; or you can have slices of fig with a little bit of cheese as a snack."
3. Eggs. "One of my favorite breakfasts is sourdough toast with scrambled eggs and chili kale. Eggs are great for getting some protein in the morning, and you can prepare eggs different ways, which is great if you like variety."
4. Chicken. "I love to add some shredded grilled chicken to a wrap and make my own healthy gyros! Chicken goes with almost everything. Once it's cooked, you can have it hot with grilled or roasted vegetables, or cold in a sandwich or salad."
5. Greek yogurt. "Yogurt is one of those foods that I always have in my fridge. Add some fresh berries and you've got a great snack or a healthy dessert. Mix it with cucumber, dill, garlic, and lemon juice for a simple tzatziki; use it for super-soft pancakes; or add it to your smoothies. Greek yogurt also has all nine essential amino acids, so it's a great choice to add a little more protein during the day."
Head over to Kayla Itsines's lifestyle blog for more.