Relationships are hard, and they can make you do some pretty crazy things. For example, in a sudden burst of desperation, you might find yourself baring the questions in your heart of hearts not to a friend, not to a therapist, but to something resembling a combination of the two—Google.
Google just released its top searches of 2017, which the company compiles based on search terms that spiked in traffic this year compared to 2016. The data contains information on what exactly people type into Google worldwide and can be filtered through a variety of categories.
When you take a look at Google's data on relationship-related questions, you'll see just how universal our woes about love and dating really are. The burning questions about relationships people are searching on Google range from how to survive a long-distance relationship to how to get over one, according to Business Insider. Curious if the rest of the world is wondering exactly what you are? Here are the top 10 trending relationship-related queries of 2017, according to Google.
1. How to make long-distance relationships work
2. How to change your relationship status on Facebook
3. How to build trust in a relationship
4. What is a poly relationship?
5. How to save your relationship
6. What is an open relationship?
7. How to get over a relationship
8. How to get out of a toxic relationship
9. How to know when your relationship is over
10. What does a healthy relationship look like?