If you’ve ever wondered if you, the Tinder match you’re dating, or your boss who calls you on a Friday night at 9 p.m. is a narcissist, wonder no more! Business Insider has “combed through the psychology literature looking for patterns of narcissistic behavior.” Their findings are quite interesting. First, they found that “a ruthlessness in getting their needs met happens to make them super effective at rising up the ranks.” This means that your boss or CEO very well could be a narcissist. Second, they discovered 21 common signs of narcism. I’ve listed them out below; for more details on each sign, visit Business Insider. Note that the article does not provide any advice on how to be less narcissistic. Perhaps it was written by a narcissist?
- You are a bad sport.
- You constantly feel underapppreciated.
- If you’re not grandiose, then you’re introverted, hypersensitive, defensive, and anxious.
- You think everyone else is stupid.
- You really like to swear at people.
- You are self-righteous.
- You feel justified in being mean to people.
- You enjoy leading others and telling them what to do.
- You are an entertainer.
- You hate having to feel emotions.
- You are likely young and male.
- You are regarded as attractive and you dress better than other people.
- Instead of listening, you just wait to speak.
- You are a serial romantic.
- You cheat in relationships.
- People dump you after you’ve been dating for about four months.
- You put some people on pedestals.
- You like to put other people down.
- Your parents ignored and adored you.
- You choose your friends to look cool or take advantage of people.
- You always have to be in control.
Obsessed with yourself? Hang this mirror in your bedroom so you can always see how gorgeous you are.
Do you consider yourself a narcissist?