It’s mid-July, and summer has hit full stride. If you’re feeling stressed and anxious at work without a vacation in sight, it might be time to plan a getaway. Health magazine recently listed 10 major signs that you need a vacation stat. Here are the first six—head over to Health to take a look at the complete list.
- Little problems become big issues. If you can’t handle the little things that you normally take in stride, it’s time to take a break.
- You start making mistakes. When you are constantly stressed, you’re more likely to make mistakes—both big and small.
- You get caught up in negative land. Do you find everything boring? Are you being cynical? Only thinking negative thoughts at work is a sign you are headed for burnout.
- You aren’t sleeping well. Overworked people have a hard time winding down before bed and have increased amounts of sleepiness during the day.
- After work, you immediately pour yourself a drink. We’ve all used alcohol as a coping mechanism on stressful days, but if your twice-weekly glass of wine has turned into a daily martini, it’s a sign you need a vacation.
- Everything hurts. You get frequent backaches, have regular headaches, and experience eye strain. All of these things are your body’s way of saying, “Please take a break!”
If you do have a getaway on the calendar, don’t forget to pack a chic beach towel.
Have you been feeling desperate for a vacation? Do you have any of the symptoms listed?