Whether you choose to launch sky lanterns during your marriage ceremony as a couple or have all your guests participate during the reception, these starry wedding quotes and poems are a beautiful way to celebrate the meaning of the moment.
You can release lanterns at your wedding for a variety of reasons ranging from commemorating your love to remembering loved ones. Below, some of our favorite quotes.
7 Love Quotes for Your Lanterns
Print one of these short inspirational quotes on your guest cards to attach to your lanterns at your wedding lantern ceremony.
- "Yours is the light by which my spirit's born: You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars."
- e.e. Cummings
- "If you have one wish, wish for everything to be exactly as it is. Then wait patiently for your wish to come true." - Stephen Russell, Barefoot Doctor's Guide to the Tao
- "Every moment is made glorious by the light of love." - Rumi
- "Light up the darkness." - Bob Marley
- "This day of the Lord, which is eternal brightness, appears in the heart." - Francis Howgill
- "Keep close to the Light and own it alone to be your teacher, guide, and counselor in all the way through which you are to pass, and in all things that you are to do." - James Parnell
- "It's warm and real and bright and the wold has somehow shifted. All at once, everything is different now that I see you." - Disney's Tangled
Quotes for Remembering Loved Ones
If you choose to launch your lanterns in remembrance of loved ones who have passed away, consider one of these thoughts.
- "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." - Eskimo Proverb
- "Life does not end when we die. Death is a rebirth into a spirit world of light and love, a transition from the physical to the spiritual that is no more frightening or painful than passing between rooms through an open doorway. It is a joyful homecoming to our natural home." - Betty J. Eadie, The Awakening Heart
Sky Lantern Ceremony Speech
Before sending up your sky lanterns, share one of these heartfelt quotes or poems with your wedding guests.
- "Each of us represents a star in the sky; sometimes we shine with the rest, sometimes we twinkle alone, and sometimes—when we least expect it—we fall and make someone's dreams come true." - Unknown
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” - Bruce Lee
- "May light always surround you, hope kindle and rebound you. May your hurts turn to healing, your heart embrace feeling. May wounds become wisdom, every kindness a prism. May laughter infect you, your passion resurrect you. May goodness inspire your deepest desires. Through all that you reach for, may your arms never tire." - D. Simone
- "When we marry, we fulfill our destiny of true love. For true love is a sacred flame that burns eternally and none can dim its special glow or change that destiny. True love speaks in tender tones and hears with gentle ears. True love gives with open hearts and true love conquers fear. True love demands no harsh demands. It neither rules nor binds. And true love holds with gentle hands the heart that it entwines." - Unknown
- "Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human imperfection. Love is content with the present. It hopes for the future and does not brood over the past. It is the day in, day out chronicle of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories and working toward common goals. If you have love in your life, it can make up for many things you do not have. If you do not have love in your life, no matter what there is, it is not enough." - Ann Landers
- "The light of love, the purity of grace. The mind, the music breathing from her face. The heart whose softness harmonized the whole, and oh, that eye was in itself a soul." - Lord Byron