- Vanilla latte: This drink contains more than eight teaspoons of sugar—skip the flavored vanilla syrup.
- Hot mulled fruit (grape with chai, orange, and cinnamon): This Starbucks drink got the worst rating in the entire study, with an estimated 25 spoons of sugar per serve.
- Caramel macchiato: Another offender on the sugar list, with roughly eight spoons of sugar.
- Vanilla chai: The Dunkin' Donuts drink has up to 11 teaspoons of sugar. Opt for a chai made from a tea base, rather than syrup.
- Caffe Americano: Simply strong coffee with hot water, this drink contains no added sugar.
- Iced coffee: Containing little more than a shot of coffee over ice with water, this drink has one of the lowest sugar counts. Sip it without milk for a healthier option.
- Cappuccino: This milky order has less than a tablespoon of sugar, but a higher fat content thanks to the full-cream milk. Avoid adding flavored syrup to keep the sweet levels low.
Looking for a healthier coffee option? Make it at home! Shop 12 essentials for making the perfect cup of coffee, and then visit CNN to read more.
Would you switch your daily coffee order to cut down on sugar? Share your thoughts in the comments below.