It's a new year, and that means it's time to embrace the biggest health trends of the season. No longer is it enough to whip up a fruit and veggie smoothie in the morning, as now you can create your own elixir of health with the help of some seriously effective superfoods. PopSugar has taken the liberty of rounding up a few of the best healthy tonic drink recipes around. Each beverage is packed with ingredients to help you feel your best, no matter what your body may need. They're chock-full of anti-inflammatory agents, digestion aids, and metabolism boosters.
From turmeric and ginger to apple cider vinegar and mint leaves, these are the superfood-enhanced drinks to try in 2018, according to PopSugar.
1. Golden Milk. This trendy health drink combines turmeric, ginger, coconut milk, and coconut oil. You'll benefit from anti-inflammatory turmeric and digestion-boosting ginger and coconut milk.
2. Ginger Tea. Ginger is known to aid digestion and calm an upset stomach. Brew a batch of ginger tea to reap the benefits.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Brew. Add a bit of cayenne pepper to apple cider vinegar to boost metabolism and immunity.
4. Mint Tea. Aside from its refreshing and bright flavor, mint can benefit your digestive system, control your appetite, and even relax you.
5. Green Tea Latte. Green tea has long been a staple of health drinks, but adding matcha and coconut milk gives this latte energy-boosting and antioxidant-rich properties.